Friday 20 November 2009

Encounters - Networking

Friday is the peak of my networking at the festival. At the UK Film Council brunch this morning I met some really nice people with formidable titles. The highlight of which was showing my allotment film to someone from 4docs to a positive review, she reckons that it would be ideal for the program, which is very positive indeed. I also spoke to the Irish distributor Derry, (who I mentioned in an earlier entry) and he showed an interest in the blog. The Allotments and Oot Ma Tree was also shown to some people from Digicult and the Glasgow Film Festival, so i'm reaching the right people. I am, however, aware of over exposure with the Digicult staff so I'm taking a wee break from all the networking (despite it being Scottish Screen happy hour), and returning for a swish party on a boat. I don't want them to suffer from Dougie fatigue! My aim is to have a film here for next year, as I think i've gone as far as I can here with what I can offer the people I'm talking to. An entourage would also go a long way I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment